We are looking for a technical writer!
February 23, 2023
- You have a passion for technology and describing that technology in transparent technical product information
- You have great technical and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- You are good at providing structure in your documents and can write easy to read, clear documents
- Your level of writing English text is excellent / native
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Communication or Technology
- You have a basic understanding of software and applications
- You have a hands on mentality, and are willing to actively use our software as part of becoming familiar with the functions and features
- You are quick at learning and pay attention to details
Nice to have:
- You have a proactive behavior to get and bring information and updates from and to the different stakeholders
- You have a flexible attitude and love to teach and explain technology in a simple way.
- You are analytically strong and not afraid of unknown territories.
- You know how to address challenges.
- You are autonomous, dedicated and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
- You are eager to continuously develop and improve yourself and the overall quality of the documentation.
- Knowledge of documentation systems
- You are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously but can focus on the key projects to meet agreed timelines
What you will be doing
- You are a trusted creator of technical documentation. Documentation includes product / software manuals, e-learnings, feature guides and release notes to enable our customers to use our products and software. You work as the interface between development teams on the one hand and the Support team and the customers on the other hand. The development teams will explain you about the new features. Each quarter, we have periodic software releases containing new features and improvements. It is your task to describe these new features in such a way they are understandable and useable for our customers.
- After the onboarding process, you take ownership of the required documentation deliverables. You will actively use our software to become familiar with the features.
- You will set up our Learning Management System and fill it with e-learnings and keep them up to date. These e-learnings serve as training material for both our clients as well as our colleagues.
- LMS offers various tools to create interactive e-learnings. If needed, you can attend an external training to master these tools to get the most out of it.
- For all our developments, you will create a feature guide that describes what the feature is, what it is used for and how to configure it.
- For each release of our three products you prepare and write the release notes.
From three locations, Paris (France), Porto (Portugal) and Rotterdam (the Netherlands), CRX Software builds, delivers and supports an intuitive and innovative ERP solution called RailCube for the railway industry. RailCube targets Railway companies seeking reliable operations management and the highest safety standards. Our goal is to enhance operations by continuing to develop intuitive and innovative features, resulting in more efficient and improved business processes for our clients.
We offer three software applications:
- RailCube Desktop application: this is our largest and main application. The desktop application is used by office staff such as operations, planners and fleet managers to make their (long and short term) planning and to keep track of transports.
- RailCube Mobile application: the mobile app is used by train drivers and ground staff to perform and register train composition and defects.
- RailCube Portal: the portal is designed for third parties (the clients of our clients) to monitor the transports and shows the latest status update.
Hosted in Microsoft Enterprise Cloud (Azure) the RailCube solution fosters scalable technology that streamlines business processes for our clients.
What is in it for you
- A challenging job in a fast-growing and dynamic organization
- This role is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Our office is located in Delftse Poort right next to Rotterdam Central station
- Being part of an enthusiastic team in which everyone is willing to help you
- Great growth opportunities within the company
- Market competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours
- Partly working from home is possible in this role